Menu
jasonjudge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving a landline number to my home package phone

I have a home package with a fixed phone I don't use. Also I have a separate phone line from another supplier that is starting to get a crackly. So, it makes sense to merge these together.

So, can a phone number be ported to my existing fixed Virgin phone line? Can it be done without messing up (i.e. having to stop and renew) the current contract?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jasonjudge
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving a landline number to my home package phone

I can't seem to find a way to move this thread to the correct category. Oh well, I'll see if it gets any replies here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jasonjudge,

I've moved your post to the landline board so our team can get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jasonjudge,

Thank you for your post on the Forum asking about moving your landline number from a different provider over to your Virgin Media line. The great news is that this is something that we can do, as long as the other line is still active and portable.

Give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) and we can arrange this. We will contact your other line provider in order to port the number over to your Virgin Media line and when that happens, your other line will be disconnected. 

Also, please check with your provider regarding contractual obligations to make sure disconnection fees won't be applied before requesting this with us. Just make sure that the line isn't disconnected, as it has to be active in order to process the number port from our side.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Take care,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
jasonjudge
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll get that sorted. The old line is active and needed three months prior notice before they would release the number. The notice period has now passed, so they should release it now.

-- Jason

0 Kudos