Menu
Therom
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moved house and my phone number has been changed

Have just moved house and my landline number has changed. I was told that I would keep my original number, but that turns out not to be the case.

The install engineer didn't tell me that I would get a new number. He knew that  we had moved house but I guess he assumed that we were keep our original number, so did I!

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the original number back?

Cheers,

Craig

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house and my phone number has been changed

If you are moving within your original exchange STD code area then you should be able to retain the same number. If you have moved to an area with a different STD code its not possible to keep your number.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved house and my phone number has been changed

Hi Therom

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone number recently.

I've been able to locate your account and I'd like to request that our porting team take a look at getting you the number back. I'll need some additional information to be able to do that, which you can provide by responding to the private message I've sent.

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos