Menu
MrGreedy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moved home and now no phone line

Moved home and broadband and tv fitted on time as requested. However no phone engineer stated not his problem but probably no free line at local exchange. Was never informed of this and no contact since, cannot call them as no phone!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved home and now no phone line

Hey MrGreedy,

Many thanks for your post and I'd like to welcome you to the Community!

Really sorry to hear about the issue concerning your landline.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

I am currently unable to locate any active services on our system for you.

It would be best to contact the team to discuss this further on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MrGreedy
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Without a phone is difficult to call, on my Virgin looking at outstanding orders the phone line is due 3rd March!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What the engineer means most likely is there is no capacity at the street cabinet you are connected too. As capacity on most of VM's inherited networks cannot be expanded without considerable expence, the only option in most cases is to wait in the "queue" until another customer on your cabinet leaves VM.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrGreedy

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your home phone installation, it's certainly not the service we want for you.

I've been able to locate your account and can see that the phone line hasn't got an estimated installation date, I've called around and the engineers are planning some work to be carried out on 9th September and we'll be able to arrange for the line to be installed after that.

I've also noted the account and I'll be checking back in after that work has been carried out, we'll get this up and running as soon as possible!

Sorry again for the continued inconvenience, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MrGreedy
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the update, can you please confirm that I will NOT be charged for the phone line until it has been installed and is working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi MrGreedy

Thanks for the response, I can confirm that you won't be charged for your phone line until is has been fully activated from our end. The state of the line in your account is still in Pending Install so the billing section hasn't kicked inMan Happy

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos