Menu
Sajane
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Microsoft Scam Phone Calls

Had numerous over the last few days. Pay extra for anonymous call barring and my phone number is on TPS and they still get through.
Virgin no help...so frustrating. So apart from turning my phone off, there is nothing that can be done???
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Microsoft Scam Phone Calls

They are probably coming in from abroad and there's not much can be done to stop them.

I have a digital answering machine on 24/7 with a greetings message that says ... "You have connected with Dave_cq. We do not accept calls from telesales companies but all other callers are most welcome.  If you announce yourself after the tone we will pick up your call if we are able to do so, otherwise please leave us a message."   We simply don't pick up if it's an unwanted call.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
nekker
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The man claimed he was calling from Virgin Media from 07*********** regarding our broadband fitting service. I'm suspicious because he was using what appeared to be a personal mobile number and he didn't have correct details for us.

There are some details: http://who-calls.me.uk/phone

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

They are probably coming in from abroad and there's not much can be done to stop them.

Bt Call guardian stops them 100%- you may have to block the number once ( I input a previous block list when I bought ours), but then you'll never hear from them again.

I am pretty sure their robo caller or their script gives up as soon as the Guardian is encountered as I never get any such calls on any numbers now.

of course it would be a better world if Virgin blocked them for us at source but.... gosh was that a flying pig.....

0 Kudos