Menu
busynav
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Malicious calls

I am getting harassment/malicious calls daily and my family are distraught.

I am registered with TPS and sent many complaints to Ofcom and am still receiving calls . My family including children are being harassment daily - and the calls have been reported to the police.

I have purchased a BT Block phone and want solution to the problem, otherwise I will have no option but to cancel my phone call, as I don't want my children/wife exposed to sexual/malicious calls.

Kind regards

Naveed

0 Kudos
Aimee_Saskia
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Malicious calls

Hi Naveed,

I'm sorry to hear about the stress these malicious calls are causing to yourself and your family.

Have you tried contacting Virgin Media to change your telephone number? I'm pretty sure this is something that can be done at no extra cost to yourself Smiley Happy

You can ring 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and speak to the Customer Care Team who can be reached from the main menu by selecting > option 4, followed by option 1. Alternatively, you can wait up to three days for a response from a member of the Forum Team, who will happily look into the issue for you.

Hope this helps!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I work for Virgin Media but any opinions expressed by myself are my own.
Want to say thank you? Click 'Kudos'.
Did I answer your question? 'Mark as Helpful Answer'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Malicious calls

Hi busynav,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are receiving malicious calls.

As you have already reported these calls to your local police, you should have been advised that the police will then get in touch with Virgin Media's internal police liaison contact regarding this and further communications about this will be handled via your police liaison officer. The Forum Team, as well as Customer Services, do not have access to this information, so please get in touch with your police contact.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and cannot see that you have called in regarding this problem. If you give us a call, we can discuss further options for you such as anonymous caller rejection or a number change. 

Just to let you know regarding a number change, if your landline number was provided originally by Virgin Media, a number change can be processed within 24 hours. If your number was originally provided by any other line provider, then a number change could take up to 10 days. 

Please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us

Kind Regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos