Menu
Rachel80
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lost number when moved house

We moved house 3 weeks ago and wanted number transferred across, unfortunately this didn't happen and now Virgin say number has gone back to BT (original provider 14 years ago) Bt say they don't have the number and can't help, Virgin say they can't get number and can't help..... anyone had this situation and know what to do? Help!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost number when moved house

Hi Rachel80

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I'd really like to take a closer look at this from our end for you. So I can do that could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel80

Thanks for the fast response, I've taken a look at your account and can see that the number you requested isn't active any more, so it wouldn't be possible for me to request this is ported unfortunately. 

Is your account with BT closed or still open? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rachel80
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

No we left BT and went to Sky years ago so the account with BT should be closed.
Many
Rachel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly, who was your line with before you moved? 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Rachel80
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin! We had a package with tv etc with virgin under my husbands name Pasquale Torzillo, for a few years then when we moved house three weeks ago, Virgin suggested cancelling our account and restarting it at our new address under my name so that we could get a better deal (as a 'new customer')but for some reason Virgin has not carried out number across.

Thanks
Rachel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel

Thanks for the clarification, with a situation like this it can be quite difficult to port the number as we'd normally do a move and transfer but as you've requested to change the account holder we'd be closing your old account and opening up a new account. 

As it's happened, it means that we're not able to request that your number is ported to your new account as the previous account has been closed, meaning the number is deactivated. 

I'm really sorry about this, it should have been explained better so action could be put in place to ensure the number port went through, I'll feed that back right away. 

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, I really wish there was anything I'm able to do to help. 

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Rachel80
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, Virgin suggested we close and reopen account in my name and said our old number would be kept so to be honest I'm really cross this hasn't been done, if there is nothing that can be done we now have to change phone numbers for all our contacts when we have only just changed our address for all contacts.

0 Kudos