Menu
john72
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Loss of dialling tone

I have no dialling tone and the phone is showing the following message in the display:

"Check Phone Line"

I've tried unplugging the phone lien connector and the power supply to the phoes' base unit but the message still appears

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of dialling tone

Hi John72

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone line. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset on your line or your handset on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to us with regards to testing your equipment, Craig_D is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind if I respond.

Okay so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John72

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone line. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset on your line or your handset on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
john72
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your speedy reply - much appreciated !

I don't have access to another line to test the phone, so it looks like I'll have to get another - which may take a couple of days.

I did try calling the number from my mobile and was able to leave a message on the voicemail service which I guess confirms your suspicion that the phone is the problem.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers,

John F. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me John

If another phone also doesn't work, we'll arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this as soon as possible.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

0 Kudos
john72
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I've just tried a new phone - still no dialling tone.

Can you please set up an engineer visit.

Thanks,

John F.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to us with regards to testing your equipment, Craig_D is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind if I respond.

Okay so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Missy6491
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This happened last week.  Rang faults from my mobile costing £2+ it was eventually mended after 24 hrs.  It's gone again today.  No dialling tone, then crackling.nthe got through to someone and got cut off. Now no tone at all. Tried technical chat but they are busy keeps saying try later. This happenned last week too, so rang again from my mobile and got an engineer appoinment for Tuesday but need phone sooner than that

0 Kudos