Menu
AFoster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Telephone Line

since the 20th my home phone was just alot of static on the line or my line seemed in use called customer service was supposed to have engineer out on the 28th (didnt show) now my line is dead changed handsets nothing tried using there line test program freezes at 99% tried using  the online chat service every time getting to post my query then i get message an operator is available yet it the pops up a message they are all busy again tired of paying for a service i cant use

0 Kudos
unexus
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Telephone Line

Me too. Phoned Virgin Media a couple of weeks to go to cancel my services so I'm half way through my one month notice period. Today I realized my phone is offline. Not sure how long it's been like that as never use it. Can't get on to the chat service as its always busy. Not going to phone from another line to report the fault as that will cost me.

"tried using there line test program"

where did you get this from please?

Thanks,

K.

0 Kudos
AFoster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
unexus
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

I get an "Oops something is broken" message from that page.

Your not kidding virgin media. I'm becoming increasingly confident that cancelling my services was the right call.
0 Kudos
AFoster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

its under service status on the virgin home page
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi AFoster

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently. 

I've run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors at the moment. Are you plugged into the master telephone socket at the moment? Also, have you been able to test the handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

it could take a while. Some lightning area will never get normal phones.

The question to ask yourself is do you really need a phone. Can you get a SIP service. something like sipgate.co.uk and a voip phone or even voip gateway to connect a normal phone can be much cheaper.
Sipgate gives you a local number but no line rental just pay for the calls.

Or is a mobile only an option.
0 Kudos
AFoster
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes im plugged into the master socket have been a customer for months with no issues till this the service comes and goes  one day i have a land line full of static for an hour or so then 4-5 days of line being dead  ive replaced the handsets as mentioned  in the initial post and they were working fine for days then on the 20th oct my line went to static now  no dial tone

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Afoster

Thanks for getting back to me, are you able to confirm whether you've been able to test your handset at all? 

Either by trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line? 

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AFoster
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

YES  tried different handsets to the same result actually got  a dial tone yesterday evening so far still there but high amounts of static will probably go dead again  as it has for the past 4 weeks

0 Kudos