Menu
kveitch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Phoneline

In 2012 my phone stopped working after a few attempts by your engineers they could not fix the fault because according to them there had been a collapse in the footpath and they could not get a new cable to the box on the corner of the road.You continued charging me for a phone line even though i could not use it, after many phone calls to you your operator suggested taking the phone line off my bundle BUT my bill would be increased because i had changed my bundle? It was a no brainer so i kept my phoneline even though it was dead. 2 weeks ago my neighbour had virgin installed and they had no problem connecting the cable to the box. Today one of your engineers came out took up a few slabs spliced and repaired my phone line and LO AND BEHOLD my phone is now working. Now the gist of this message is why have you been charging me for a dead phoneline because of a load of incompitent engineers couldn,t fix a problem 5 years ago when it only took 30 minutes to fix today so by my reckoning you owe me 5 years telephone line rental you have charged me + inconvienience money .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of Phoneline

Hi kveitch

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently, although I'm glad to hear that it's working as it should. 

I can't speak for the engineering team but there could have been changes with the external wiring since this issue was last looked at, making it easier to resolve.

Regarding the billing issue, if you have a bundle of services, your account will have a bundle discount, whenever a situation like this happens you are more than welcome to remove the line rental from your account although as you've mentioned, that would mean you losing your bundle discount. So the decision to keep the line rental on your account is/was completely yours and for that reason, we wouldn't be giving you a credit for that. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kveitch
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I,m sorry but i do not accept your answer yes it was my decision to keep the phone line but over the 5 years you should have periodicaly checked the problem you have totaly ignored the problem and i dont intend to leave it here
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you feel this way kveitch

It's not the service we want for you but I'm glad that it's working as it should at the moment and I'll be here should you need any assistance with your telephone line moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos