Menu
Kee-Lo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Home Phone Service

Hi Guys,

Lost my phone service this morning, there is no dialling tone. Checked VM's service status and apart from one minor fault with Coronation Street on the TV, every other service I have is working (green ticks).

At 11:06pm last night I did recieve a call from "No Number", on a crackling line, twice, not sure if this is anything to do with the fault or not.

I've tested other phones, tested another known working phone in the master line socket with the faceplate removed, no joy still. As far as I can tell, this is a line fault.

Can I request that Virgin Media look into this issue please? If it was possible to ring 150 from the phone I would have done, and my mobile is out of order right now too.

Thanks.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of Home Phone Service

Crackling on the line is never a good sign. The forum team here should be able to arrange an engineer visit, tho you may be waiting until Monday for them to respond.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Crackling on the line is never a good sign. The forum team here should be able to arrange an engineer visit, tho you may be waiting until Monday for them to respond.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Kee-Lo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cool,

Thanks for your fast reply! I was expecting this to be fair. I don't need my phone line service until about mid-week or so. Once a forum moderator is online, I'll PM them with any info they might want from me to investigate further.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Kee-Lo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oddly my service is back to normal. Sorry about that. I'll only reopen this thread if anything else happens.

It could be a case of due to the bad weather (rain) lately, some of the water might have gotten inside the green street cabs and mucked up the electronics inside.

Its happened to many people in the same post code areas as me...

0 Kudos