Menu
pdomanski
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Line rental

I have just received my next VM bill and noticed that the line rental has increased to £19.00. I do not remember/cannot find any confirmation of a proposed increase.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line rental

Have a look at this thread ... http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Another-Price-Hike-On-The-Way/m-p/3182720#M2072...

£19 is the correct new line rental.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
pdomanski
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Dave, I had not seen these, but I did see something in the paper this week about line price increases and how VM were going to retain it at the lower price for over 65's

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It would be nice if they are.  I'm pushing 68 and am currently paying their outrageous £19 line rental.  At least I'm getting good speeds and a reliable service most of the time (touching wood) which is more than many poor souls can say.

ETA: Ah, it seems it's only for those on phone only and does not include people like me who have broadband as well.    Smiley Sad

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/12/virgin-media-freezes-line-rental-elderly-disabled-custo...

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
pdomanski
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for the link Dave.

As my Broadband speed is nothing to write home about, the telephone line rental being exorbitant ( you also need to pay extra for call number monitoring) and the Tivo box almost always being "asleep" when I switch it on, I think it is time to source an alternative supplier.

0 Kudos