Menu
carl07
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Line rental saver

I have just rang to cancel my Virgin Media broadband because of the recent price increases and also the loss of customer loyalty discount.

In January I signed up to a line rental discount and paid for a years line rental up front. I thought this was separate to the broadband. However it seems that if i cancel my broadband i also have to cancel my home phone as well even if i don't want to therefore losing a service i have already paid for!

Does anyone know if this is correct should i contact OFCOM?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line rental saver

The land line only option is still available, I suspect your issue may be linked to you buying a "bundle" that got you a cheaper deal
Meaning that you did not contract separately for landline and mobile, if you did however then you may need to call again and ensure it's the retention team you get through to by choosing the "want to leave us" option
0 Kudos
carl07
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nowhere in the letter are the words bundle or is there any reference to broadband.The letter only states that i have paid for line rental in advance.

I think i will be contacting OFCOM.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think if you cancel you have to cancel the entire bundle that the price rise applies too, & I hate to say it, but I think that is part of the very OFCOM ruling that Virgin have to abide by in this situation. The landline you have includes a discount on your broadband price, so although you have LRS the two are linked.

LRS is also non refundable, which is something you have to consider before cancelling.

OFCOM also will not intervene in individual customer issues. Disputes with telecoms providers are dealt with by CISAS.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos