Menu
jneves
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Line porting failure from sky to virgin (and getting the runaround)

So, I recently moved to Virgin Media, my installation date was 27 September. That day the installation engineer came and setup the broadband. Before that I had an email from the VM guy that arranged for our contract saying that from that moment our line with sky contract would be cancelled.

So, imagine my surprise when we got a sky bill for the month from 15 October. So I get on the phone yesterday and they tell me the line porting wasn't done, then they redirect me to a number that just had a number that it was redirected. On the second attempt, the person that answered told me that the line wasn't ported and told me they can't cancel the contract, so I'd have to do it after the line porting. He said he submitted a form for the line porting.

Can someone tell them from their experience what can I expect next?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line porting failure from sky to virgin (and getting the runaround)

What you have to remember is that Virgin have a seperate network. While if you moved to another BT line provided supplier, transferring your number would close your account for Phone & Broadband, this won't happen with Virgin. You need to cancel your TV & Broadband from Sky, but keep the phone contract open. Virgin then should arrange the transfer of your number, which will automatically close your Phone account with Sky.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jneves
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully Virgin will actually do the line porting, or I'll just have to cancel the account... This is not a good first experience.

0 Kudos
jneves
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So, just to keep people updated, this is what I've been told so far:

• On the initial order the line porting request was forgotten - Roger - 26 August
  • Added posteriously as a document to the order - 28 August
  • I double-check with Roger that at the end of the line-porting Virgin will cancel the contract with Sky - 30 August

At this point I have 2 conflicting reports:

• I was told by Sky they got the phone line change request - 30 August
  • I'm now being told by Virgin Media that no one acted on the line porting request

Going on:

• Installation (as scheduled). I'm told at the beginning that there's a phone issue, but at the end, that everything is OK - 27 September
  • I get a bill from Sky for the month from October 15
  • I contact the guy who arranged the contract (no answer throughout the next days)
  • I call the support line which ends up with talking with someone that just tells me that they'll redirect me to a line porting number and redirects me to an automated message that says the number is no longer in use - 14 October
  • I call the support again and the guy no puts an information request to the backoffice for line porting and tells me I'll get a callback in 2 hours - 14 August
  • As no such things happened, I call the support line again today, am told about the non-existent line porting on the initial order (as described above) and am told that he's requesting a new line porting that will be done in 9 days - 21 October

So my current status is feeling like a Kafka character...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jneves

I'm so sorry to learn about the service you've received regarding your phone line, it's certainly not the service we want you to experience.

That being said, I'm glad that the request has been placed and I'll be here should you need any updates or assistance moving forward. I've located your account to check and can confirm the line port is scheduled to take place soon.

Apologies again, I'd love to hear how things go.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jneves
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, I'll keep posting updates here.

0 Kudos
jneves
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So, on Thursday the line porting was done, in the sense that the phone line stopped working and we got a notification from Sky. So, no phone since thursday (yes, I checked both the VM phone line that was installed and even tried the VoIP ports on the router just in case - the phone is the same as it was working until Thursday). ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jneves

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing.

I'm glad to hear that action has been planned for this to be resolved and I'd love to hear how it goes on Friday.

I'll be here if there's anything more we're able to help with in the future

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Annzie
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a similar problem but it's far more convoluted. If anyone could read my post and get back to me it would me much appreciated. I must keep my line open as I have two disabled people to care for. I was a paying customer with Sky for 16 years and never missed a bill. I'm having a terrible, stressful experience with this whole phone thing and I wouldn't like to cancel as either!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Annzie
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to add. I posted a query in the forum all the details are in there. PLEASE HELP

Thanks

0 Kudos