Menu
TonydeV
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Line goes dead during a phone call - unreliable phone lines?

My aunt lives in the Nether Poppleton area of York. She is elderly and relies on the phone to keep in contact. Every now and then the phone line cuts out when she is on the phone. I have changed her phone handsets and check the line status. She had this problem with BT so we moved over to Virgin but the problem is still with us. Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line goes dead during a phone call - unreliable phone lines?

Hello TonydeV,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear this is happening.

I would like to look into this for you but I'll need to gain access to the account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen I'll get this looked into for you.

Speak to you soon. 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

I'll get this booked in for you while Rose is away.

I've booked you in on Wednesday 26th between 12 - 4pm. Let me know if you need to reschedule for any reason.

Even though the fault is intermittent, the technician will still be able to run his tests and find any faults present on the line.

I can understand, too, how frustrating this can be when you have someone vulnerable with an imperfect phone service. I'll advise the technician to be patient, our guys are very accommodating so this shouldn't be a problem!

Also, I want to thank you for your very detailed post. The more information we have about the fault and your situation, the better!

Have you got a mobile phone contact I can take for the technician? This is just in case the line starts playing up and the technician needs to call.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TonydeV
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply. My mobile number is ************. Pending on the traffic up the motorways i expect to be at my aunts by around 1.30pm.

Regards Tony

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos