Menu
mandy410
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Line cord error

Just went to use phone and got 'line cord error' and no dialing tone. Ran test on Virgin online test site and it says it can't detect an error. Unfortunately I have no simple phone to plug in to check the socket etc Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
mbrown1
Settling in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line cord error

Sounds like you have the same issue that keeps happening to me - ie an engineer (Virgin or other service provider) has unplugged your phone cable at the box where all cables in the area are connected).  The only option is to book an engineer on line to come and fix the problem - the first available slots will be several days away and you will only get a 4 hour slot but the fix takes minutes.  Is really annoying and be warned - it will keep happening...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line cord error

Hello mandy410,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have tested your line and I'm not finding any faults, were you able to try a different phone to see whether it was the equipment at fault?

If it's still the same then we'll need to arrange for a technician so please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos