Menu
SimonG156
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Line cord error

Had VM for a few months now. Just started getting line cord error on my phone handset. Phone is plugged into wall socket, but tried it direct into the hub with same response. I ran the web site test it's no issues, and I can phone the number and it just rings. Anything else I can check, unfortunately the obvious of testing another phone is out because I don't have another phone. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line cord error

Hi SimonG156

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service lately.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not seeing any issues from our end at the moment though. You've mentioned you've not got access to another handset to test with, which is fine. Are you able to test your handset on an alternate line? If so, we'll be able to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look without the risk of there a charge should the issue be with your equipment.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SimonG156
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I borrowed a phone, but still no joy. The line was dead. This is wall socket, the two telephony sockets on the router show as disabled.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SimonG156,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that your landline is still not working. For the Virgin Media landline service, your phone needs to plug direct into the Virgin Media phone socket on the wall, not the two ports on the broadband router as this will not work. Thanks for letting us know that you tested this with a different handset.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos