Menu
sasandkel
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Line cord error

I am having same problem I bought a new phone as I thought the phone I had was not working so bought a new one having the same problem. Keep getting line cord error does anyone know what it is I've had no home phone for a month. When I first got the phone a week ago it was fine for a day now getting crackling and line cord error
0 Kudos
sasandkel
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line cord error

I had a gigaset phone before but I could not make any calls people were ringing me butt phone wasn't bought a new handset worked for a day. Getting line cord error and crackling noise and its a bt 2500 telephone.any ideas what it is
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there sasandkel, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, and hasn't done so for a while. 

I've run some testing and can see no reason why your line shouldn't be working at the moment. May I ask if the second phone that you've purchased is the exact same model? If it is, is there any chance you could try a totally different phone, perhaps a corded phone, just to be sure that it's the line that is playing up, I'd suggest if possible, borrowing a phone rather than going to the expense of purchasing another phone. 

As you've already tried another phone - Then I'd like to arrange a technician to call out and investigate further for you. I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kazi1965
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i got same problem

i received call but cant call out message on phone display saying "line cord error" last time i had this problem engineer came found faulty on outside line

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kazi1968,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a fault with your landline again.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and can see that you have already arranged an engineer appointment.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kazi1965,

I'm just popping back to check on how the engineer appointment went for you. Has your landline fault been fixed now?

Please drop me a line and let me know.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos