Menu
janebraithwaite
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Line cord error

Dad contacted me yesterday to say he's been calling my landline but it wasn't ringing out, either to him or at our end. On the display it says line cord error please check. Phone then ok but noticed it has similar message today and is not ringing out or able to make calls. Both phone extensions affected. Have tried unplugging and plugging in again. Virginmedia provides phone, broadband and tv - broadband and tv fine, although the normally blue flashing lights on the router are yellow and still. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line cord error

Hi janebraithwaie

Welcome to the community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the issues you're experiencing at the moment.

To clarify, is the issue occurring with your phone line or your dads? I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end for you either way, to allow me to do so could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi janebraithwaite,

Thank you for sending over your details. Smiley Happy

I have been able to carry out some checks on the line.  All looks grand from here and no fault has been found at this point.  Can you please confirm if you have tried another handset in the line or tested your handset in another line?

also, will this happen if anyone else tries to call you?  Or is it just your Dad?

Once confirmed and if the fault is still present I will be able to help further.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
janebraithwaite
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for replying.

Have just bought a simple corded handset and tried that.  There is no dial tone on this either.. We are not able to receive calls from anyone. When I ring our house phone from my mobiles rings out on my mobile but not on the receiving house phone.

It has been out of action for two weeks now.

jane Braithwaite

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi janebraithwaite,

Thanks for coming back to us and testing another handset.

I will arrange for an engineer to call out and get this sorted for you.  I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PaulHanson
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have just had Virgin Media Internet and Phone installed on the 16th of June 2016 and I am experiencing the same problem on my handset tried unplugging it and plugging it in again but no change. I do not get a a connection signal at all what I do get is Line cord Error please check.

Just wondering if the line needs a filter of some kind. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulHanson

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to locate your account information unfortunately. So that I can take a look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Vgeorge198082
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Past couple of days everything I try and use my phone it says line cord error? Can't call anyone and it doesn't ring when some calls me? Please can anyone help or advise what to do?

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vgeorge198082,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your landline.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing on your line. I can see that there are no outages reported for your area and the test results aren't indicating what is causing this issue, so we will need for you to check your equipment.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
carryonmark
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there got my phone line 20th June 2017 and my line has done this line cord thing was working when the engineer left I have unplugged everything I could think of still nothing
0 Kudos