Menu
Punc_bicycle
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Line cord error. Please check.

Hi all.

I'm a Virgin Media customer just coming to the end of my fixed term contract. I'd like to stay with Virgin but have a problem with my home telephone.

My landline hasn't for a while now and I automatically thought it must be my old phone. I recently purchased a new one (BT 6600), set it up, but still have a problem. The phone says I have a 'Line cord error. Please check'. 

I've run the online checks on the Virgin Media website that say I don't have a problem with my line. The offer of calling out a Virgin engineer is there, but so is my fear of a large call-out cost if it proves to be a non-Virgin related issue.

Are there any techy types out there who could guess at what my problem is. I'm absolutely certain I've plugged the phone in as I should do and when I ring the number on my mobile, I can hear the ring tone on my mobile but the landline stays silent.

With thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line cord error. Please check.

Hi Punc_bicycle,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having landline trouble.

As long as you've checked your handset you have nothing to worry about! The callout will be free. Smiley Very Happy

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos