Menu
mdixon30
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Line cord error. Please Check.

since Thursday 01/09/2016 not been able to receive or make phone calls. Handset says Line cord error. Please check. Its a BT8500, but the call guardian is turned off.

Not been able to check the sockets  with another unit as we don't have one. The phone has been working perfectly up to now for the past year or so, so it's not a question of a new phone causing the problem. Can't call out to request an engineer.

Please help.

M

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Line cord error. Please Check.

Hey M

thanks for testing the handset, I really appreciate it!

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this and I've sent you information regarding it in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mdixon30

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your home phone recently.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not seeing any problems with the line though.

That leaves us with a decision, as we'd love to eliminate the handset as a potential cause of the problem. The reason we ask about this is that if the handset is found to be the cause of the problem after an engineer is arranged, the engineer can charge for the visit, which is the last thing I want.

Would you be able to test your handset on another line perhaps? If not and you'd like to proceed to organising an engineers appointment with this information in mind, let me know and I'll get right to arranging that for you.

Apologies again for the inconvenience

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mdixon30
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, thanks for getting back to me,

We're going to try the handset on a neighbour's phone line - presumably if I still get the line cord error then it's the handset that's at fault?

M

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response M

I look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of these problems. you are correct in that if there's still an error at a neighbours home, then the handset would be at fault.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
mdixon30
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

just tried the troublesome handset on a neighbour's line and it worked perfectly. They've lent us an old unit to try on ours, and neither this nor our handset get a dialling tone here. Still says Line Cord Error. As we've eliminated the handset as the source of the problem, can you arrange for an engineer to take a look please?

Thanks

M

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey M

thanks for testing the handset, I really appreciate it!

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this and I've sent you information regarding it in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Nicbuit
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this problem too. Exactly the same situation where the phone had been working and now isn't and the message 'Line cord error. Please check.' I have tried to run a test but it only gets to 99%. Please help.
0 Kudos
mdixon30
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nic

If you can test your handset on a neighbours line that'll help with getting an engineer out. When it happened to me, turns out there was a loose wire at the exchange box down the road. Engineer said it looked like someone had taken it out and hadn't replaced it. VM diagnostics couldn't pick this up.

M

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this Nicbuit,

I've located your account and can see that your line state is currently showing cause for concern at the moment.

I'd like to arrange for one of our field engineers to visit and investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos