Menu
acrema
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Line Rental

With the cost of line rental now included in the packages, does that mean you can no longer have the saving for paying for a year in advance?

acrema

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Line Rental

Line Rental Saver is still available as Line Rental still exists. The difference is that the bundles are now advertised as a single price, rather than '£X + Line Rental'
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Line Rental Saver is still available as Line Rental still exists. The difference is that the bundles are now advertised as a single price, rather than '£X + Line Rental'
acrema
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much BenMcr

acrema

0 Kudos
tinkermojoman
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Line rental biggest con going on.  I see Vodafone are doing a service without a line rental charge. Hopefully more companies will follow, but i wont hold my breath.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media have always done an option for broadband and TV services without an active phone line, if that's what you want.
larry100
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think ths answer is rubbish.  am trying to discover how to complain as i signed a contract believing the price included Line Renatal - and it did NOT !!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As per the OFCOM ruling that came into force yesterday (01/11/16), providers now have to show if a Broadband deal includes a landline rental charge as part of the "headline" price. Most providers have been guilty of hiding this cost away in the small print, but this is no longer the case.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
kettle
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

Hi, I usually get a letter through in Nov/Dec offering rental saver but not this time. All the bundles specify that the LINE is now included in the price, it does not say RENTAL is included in the price, therefore line rental no longer exists, it's just a phone line? I also assume that if a new customer signs up there will not be an element called "line rental" on the bill? Equally should not my existing bundle now be amended to remove the item " line rental"? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The OFCOM rules say that the cost of the phone line has to be included in the total amount shown for any sales offer that includes a landline.

However the concept of line rental does still exist, so is still shown on the bill.
0 Kudos
kettle
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben; amongst other things I suppose that if a company pays for an employees phone line it needs to know the cost🙂

Any reason then why I didn't get offered rental saver this year, or is it down to the customer to ask? I assumed that I wasn't offered it because it didn't (now) exist😉

0 Kudos