Menu
Charlie7369
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Line Rental Saver

Just been speaking to Retentions Team.  Current offers are not as good for those just coming out contract with Virgin, so checked cancellation terms.  Really disappointed to be told that the Line Rental Saver I renewed at the end of last year is now lost to me if I leave Virgin and no refund of the unexpired portion of line rental will be re-funded.  This seems a very unjust practice to me.  Has any other member come across this before?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Rental Saver

Here are the terms for Line Rental Saver which have applied since it was first offered:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/line-rent...

In particular this part is relevant:

If you cancel Line Rental Saver within 14 days of your order you will get a full refund of your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with. Otherwise the advance payment is non-refundable.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Charlie7369
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Rental Saver

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for your reply it is much appreciated.  Yes, I was aware of the conditions on the Line Rental Saver but feel the terms of this are unfair given in my case, my current contract period has now ended.  If I move now, I lose more than 8 months pre-paid line rental OR I have to take another 12 month contract at a monthly rate I do not want to pay and not renew the line rental in 8 months or so.  Either way it is a win win for Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos