Menu
steveA1
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Line Rental Saver renewal for existing customers

Just had a bad experience. The annual advance payment of Line rental gives a good saving of approx £50 pa. Knowing that it is due at this time, I haven't received a letter reminding me. I don't mind this, I understand that if Virgin don't remind people and leave it in the small print they make an extra £50 a year. This is the 2nd year year running that I have phoned them and each time time they say they sent a letter - not received! no surprise there.

However the renewals team were a little underwhelming today. I checked the online page to find out how much it would be. Last year was £164 and to my delight it still says £164 for existing customers renewing. So I phoned to renew....only to be told that it has been £184 since February 2016. It is now 29th July and the web page says £164, so I said I'd be happy to renew at the advertised price, surprise, the operator suddenly has no discretion and will pass it to the renewals (? I thought that was who he was) team, who will have to re-send the letter that never arrived. I said, will that say £184 instead of the published £164? Yes, he said !!! but apparently if I save a emailable copy of the page, with the date, they will honour the £164.

SO WHY DOESN'T HE JUST TAKE MY PAYMENT OF £164 INSTEAD OF OF LEAVING ME WITH ALL THIS HASSLE????

Richard Branson has to get back to grass roots and give the staff discretion so that they can give decent customer service. If Virgin have left an error on the web page for 6 months they deserve to pay the price of losing the increase in what is already an exorbitant price for the service. Just come clean and don't make customers who have been loyal for many years (14 years in my case) so annoyed that they look elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Rental Saver renewal for existing customers

Because

LRS.png

C&P ed from the website. As that's whats being advertised, obviously they want some proof that you have seen it advertised at a different price somewhere else....

I'm not saying you haven't seen it at a different price, possible even somewhere else on the VM site, but as the main information is correct they'll want to hunt down which bit you are accessing where it is published wrongly...

0 Kudos
steveA1
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Current page is still there 

https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/offers

General

Payment may be required in advance. Your first bill includes the charge for the month you join (from the day you join), plus one month in advance. All prices include VAT. Calls may be monitored.
30 day notice period: If you wish to reduce your tier of services or remove any additional services (including premium television channels) you must give us 30 days’ notice.
Regulated EU roaming charges apply to the 28 EU member countries and Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein. UK’s best value SIM: Based on comparison of published competitor tariffs as at 7 May 2015. Unlimited 08/0800 calls: No call charges apply to the first 60 minutes of eligible call types. Re-dial before 60 minutes to avoid call charges. You should expect speeds delivered up to 384Kbps (3G), actual speeds experienced may be higher or lower and will vary by device and location. You cannot share your data connection with other devices – known as ‘Tethering’ – or use your phone for peer-to-peer file sharing.
Money back guarantee: The 14-day money back guarantee is available for new cable customers and existing cable customers taking a new service. Call us within 14 days of service activation to cancel and we'll refund the first month's charge and any installation charge. You will only be charged for transactions (calls, texts, purchases, service upgrades) occurring after activation. Statutory rights not affected.
*Equipment, free servicing and repairs: Equipment remains property of Virgin Media. CableLabs is the owner of the DOCSIS 3 trademark. Free servicing and repairs exclude mistreatment/misuse.
^Servicing and repairs included for the whole time you're with us: Equipment remains property of Virgin Media. Sky customers own their own boxes. We rent our VHD and TiVo® boxes to you completely free. That’s why we can offer you free servicing and repairs (excluding misuse mistreatment) for as long as you’re a customer, not just your 1st 12 months.
Phone line rental: Line rental is currently £17.99 a month
Line Rental Saver: £164 for 12 months' Line Rental must be paid in advance by debit/credit card. Available to new and existing customers with a Virgin Media cable phone line. Call charges apply in accordance with your tariff. Not available with other line rental offers, The Biz, The Biz Plus or Home Phone Talk plan offers. If you cancel Line Rental Saver within seven working days of your order you will get a full refund of your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with. Otherwise the advance payment is non-refundable. After 12 months, you will automatically move to standard line rental charges (currently £17.99 a month).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So send that to em and hopefully they will honour it...

Just to give you the chapter and verse on that, its a  bit of the website that will only be accessed under certain circumstances (depending on the bundle you are on- I cant access it) Which is likely why its been missed, but fair play, its up there. Which is why they asked you for proof.

As its a service they have no legal requirement to honor it, but given the circumstances hopefully they will....

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I see this has now been changed to the right price.

There is still more incorrect info left to change on the page.
On the box at the top of page, if you press "more" and then "see full package", you still get references and advertising for Smartcall.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Teabag, Ill pass it on...

steveA1
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know that Virgin won't accept an email copy and now that you have advised them so that they have changed all the existing pages to £184, I have just had to pay the £184 in full. Thanks guys, it looks as though you just cost me £20.......
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

My pleasure, everyone is equal now and all will be paying the £20 extra :-)

I would have thought that with just you posting about it on here, would have started the error being corrected.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this change in price.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can help with.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
steveA1
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nat, but it looks as though posting any grievance here is just a way of shooting yourself in the foot. When it came to renewing the line rental saver I went straight to the page that said it was still £164 and thought "wow, Virgin have capped any increase for another year, aren't they great!" And then I found it was a mistake that they had left for 6 months. When I pointed that out to them they wouldn't let me renew at that price and I really feel ripped off now. Even though I have been a satisfied user for 14 years and have renewed at the increased price, it is only because I don't have time to organise/research a replacement in time. Virgin's attitude to me over this (and teabag's smug retort) have convinced me that the caring attitude toward the clients that pay their salaries, that Sir Richard has been promoting over many years has well and truly gone in the interest of profit. I am a pensioner that doesn't receive the 12% increase in income this year that this price hike represents and will be looking for a replacement provider next year. That this increase is in respect of line rental where there has been no change to the upkeep of the basic telephone line to justify this rise, other than keeping in line with BT makes it even worse.

0 Kudos