Menu
BillyCoat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Line Rental Saver Letter Early!

I recently got my letter with a deadline of 12th January 2017 to pay the years line rental upfront. My installation did not take place until 3rd March 2016 so I was not expecting to have to pay upfront until February 2017.  It's going to be out of the question in January after the Christmas credit cards are paid. My question is, is this a mistake? It would be nice if it were just one month later, then I could take advantage of the offer!

Any help from a longer term customer would be appreciated.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Line Rental Saver Letter Early!

It is normal to receive a reminder this early. Services are charged one month in advance. You then have to allow for your current billing production date plus processing time for the transaction, as you have to pay for LRS separately to your normal direct debit payment.

You can renew at any time, but if you renew after the target date you will be charged normal line rental until the new LRS can come into force.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Line Rental Saver Letter Early!

It is normal to receive a reminder this early. Services are charged one month in advance. You then have to allow for your current billing production date plus processing time for the transaction, as you have to pay for LRS separately to your normal direct debit payment.

You can renew at any time, but if you renew after the target date you will be charged normal line rental until the new LRS can come into force.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile