Menu
DFJP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lifeline Phone

If you are disabled which I am (Coronary Heart Disease, COPD and Asthma) Virgin are supposed to give your landline priority.  I didn't know this despite all the emails, posts on forum and telephone calls, until I looked up the Code of Practice and asked to speak to a Manager.  I had registered for Lifeline phone over 10 years ago, but has come off the system for some reason.  At 3.50 pm when I spoke to the Manager, I had an engineer out at the Virgin Box in my area within 40 minutes.  The engineer was able to tell me that the fault with my line was in the main Virgin Box on the Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast.  Why then did I have to go through all this hassle with my initial call to Virgin last night, awaiting 10 days for an engineer to fix a line fault. 

TO ALL REGISTERED DISABLED PERSONS make sure you register your landline as a LIFELINE, and I would stress that even having a mobile it is advisable to have another way of telephoning.  Luckily I have both.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lifeline Phone

Good to hear they got you sorted. Sound advice, the only way they can give you priority is if they KNOW its a priority. Judging from your post might be a good idea if people double check even if they have registered in the past.

Have to say the VM Team in Belfast are excellent (Im just down the road from you), never had an issue with them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey DFJP

Sorry to hear that you've had difficulty in getting the issue resolved recently, although I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved in the end.

Great advice about ensuring you're registered for lifeline too, as Kippies has mentioned, the only way we can properly prioritise issues with the service is if we know about who needs priority.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good to hear they got you sorted. Sound advice, the only way they can give you priority is if they KNOW its a priority. Judging from your post might be a good idea if people double check even if they have registered in the past.

Have to say the VM Team in Belfast are excellent (Im just down the road from you), never had an issue with them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey DFJP

Sorry to hear that you've had difficulty in getting the issue resolved recently, although I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved in the end.

Great advice about ensuring you're registered for lifeline too, as Kippies has mentioned, the only way we can properly prioritise issues with the service is if we know about who needs priority.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos