Menu
badoit
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline voicemail

At the beginning of December, I switched my landline from BT to Virginmedia. Generally no problems, but today I needed to keep the PAYG credit alive on a spare Virgin Mobile handset so I called my VM landline number. It just rang and rang, and didn't go over to voicemail. I cannot be certain but I think this may be the first time I have tried this. Now I come to think of it there are some messages I was expecting that never showed up in landline voicemail. When I dial 1571 on the landline phone, I hear "Welcome to Virginmedia voicemail. You have no new messages". So a couple of questions:

1. How many rings should happen before voicemail kicks in?

2. Is there something I need to do to activate voicemail, or should it just kick in by default after a certain number of rings?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline voicemail

HI badoit

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your Voicemail at the moment. 

Voicemail is activated per account, so some will have it active and others will not. The number of rings can also be different for each line, with a standard of 5/6 added to most lines to begin withMan Happy

In order for me to take a full look at the line from our end for you, I'd need to request some additional information. With that in mind, I've sent you a private message to respond too, you can view it by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nbcaldon
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And, as I have just discovered today, if your voicemail is not used for 90 days it turns off and you need to reactivate it.

No wonder I have not had the voicemail messages I have been expecting.

We don't use voicemail much (obviously) but we didn't expect it to disappear without any notice.

What is the logic behind this?

0 Kudos
badoit
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All fixed now, thanks to very helpful assistance from Craig.

0 Kudos