Menu
tomtom1607
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Landline rental charges

I'm paying £19 pm for a landline. I thought VM offered a discount for over 65's? Cant find anywhere on website that refers to this. Any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline rental charges

Its only for elderly that only have a landline and no other services

0 Kudos
tomtom1607
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you input JB. I've now discovered this. Just think that landline charges are ridiculous. My phone calls are less than £5 pm but I need the line for my wife who is not mobile (or any other tech.) savvy.

0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You know what - if you get decent mobile phone coverage where you live I'd be inclined to ditch the fixed line altogether. There are simple, easy to use mobile handsets available. Here's onehttp://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/coopers-of-stortford-easy-use-mobile-phone-prodst09861i/ and here's another one - which I actually own and keep as a spare. https://www.mymemory.co.uk/SIM-Free-Mobile-Phones/Binatone/Binatone-The-Brick-GSM-Sim-Free-Mobile-Ph... You can then get a cheap pay as you go Sim card with loads of bundled minutes. 

0 Kudos
tomtom1607
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Braby thanks for your comment. Unfortunately (virgin) mobile coverage at home is poor. If a get a call I usually end up having to run into the front room and press myself up against the front window to get myself heard. I really do think landline rental charges are unreasonably high at £228 a year, although I believe you can get a discount if you pay up front- but who likes doing that?
0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It would be worth checking if another mobile operator other than Virgin has better reception where you live - for info. ee actually provide Virgin's mobile network. I took the one year upfront line rental option to save a bit of money, which is fine as long as there are no problems. Unfortunately I have had endless issues with my Virgin landline and since they have already had my money it complicates things if I decide to leave. Good luck!

0 Kudos
tomtom1607
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Braby I'll take on board your tips and see if I can find something to suit. Good luck to you too.
0 Kudos