Menu
Tillysmum1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline plug tab broken

The lovely Virgin engineers came yesterday and connected my TV, broadband and landline in my new home.  

As I was pushing some furniture back into place - too far back it would seem -  I broke the little tab on the side of my landline plug - whilst it's plugged in!  So now it's not working and I can't pull it out.

I appreciate I shall have to buy a new phone which is the least of my worries, even though the phone is only about 3 or 4 weeks old.

Help please...what to do?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline plug tab broken

Hi Tillysmum1

Welcome to the Community, sorry to hear about the accident you had with your phone socket. 

Depending on the type of phone socket you've got, there's a strong chance you're able to open it and remove anything stuck inside. The best way to let us get an idea of the issue, would be to take a picture of the socket and post it here Man Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tillysmum1

Welcome to the Community, sorry to hear about the accident you had with your phone socket. 

Depending on the type of phone socket you've got, there's a strong chance you're able to open it and remove anything stuck inside. The best way to let us get an idea of the issue, would be to take a picture of the socket and post it here Man Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tillysmum1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for the reply.

I did actually manage to sort it.  I unscrewed the little plate on the front of the wall socket and managed to push out the phone plug.  As it turned out I hadn't broken off the little tab from the phone plug - it was the socket itself that is slightly cracked.  Seeing as everything is now working perfectly I'm now going to leave well along.

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Tillysmum1

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, leaving it well alone sounds like a master plan if you ask me Man Wink

I'm glad to hear that you've got it sorted, if there's anything we're able to help with in the future you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig