Menu
AlecJane
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline phone range extender

I have just built an extension on the back of my house. It functions as my office as I'm a home based worker. Unfortunately, the signal from my VM landline phone is very poor in the office, partly I presume because of distance (the phone base is at the other end of the house), partly perhaps because there is a steel joist in the ceiling at the entrance to the office. This has caused difficulties for my wifi which I have been able to solve by buying a wifi range extender.

I am wondering whether I can do the same to boost my VM landline phone signal. I am looking at this, for example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-Extender-Booster-Doubler-Repeater/dp/B000WZA4HC

Or does Virgin Media provide anything similar? I don't want to invest in something that won't do what I'm looking for. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline phone range extender

Hi AlecJane

Welcome to the Community, sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing at the moment. 

We don't provide any wireless phone extenders unfortunately but I've taken a look at the link you posted and can't see a problem with it if you're using a compatible handset.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning, is the possibility of adding a phone socket in the extension? As it could be a similar cost for a long term solution. 

Sorry I'm not able to give the definitive answer, I hope this helped thoughMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AlecJane

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how this panned out, I'm really glad to hear that the product worked as we want!

If you need any assistance with your services in the future, you know where to find usMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AlecJane

Welcome to the Community, sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing at the moment. 

We don't provide any wireless phone extenders unfortunately but I've taken a look at the link you posted and can't see a problem with it if you're using a compatible handset.

Another thing that might be worth mentioning, is the possibility of adding a phone socket in the extension? As it could be a similar cost for a long term solution. 

Sorry I'm not able to give the definitive answer, I hope this helped thoughMan Happy

Take care

Craig

AlecJane
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig. That is helpful. It gives me a couple of things to think about and routes to pursue. Thank you again.

Alison

AlecJane
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just for the record, I purchased the device I provided the link to. It was dead simple to set up and works perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AlecJane

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how this panned out, I'm really glad to hear that the product worked as we want!

If you need any assistance with your services in the future, you know where to find usMan Happy

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos