Menu
stephencce
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline number transfer

Hi

I am currently in my notice period with VM and am going to sign to sky in the morning due to being offered a better deal.

Question is would I be able to keep my current landline number and what would the process be to switch it across? Do I have to phone the call centre and inform them?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number transfer

I believe this would all be arranged via your new provider.

You need to mention to your new provider that you wish to port over your existing telephone number from Virgin Media and they should be able to do the necessary.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline number transfer

Hi stephencce, 

Many thanks for your query and sorry to hear that you're looking to move elsewhere for your service. Smiley Sad

To switch your number across to a third-party company, you'll need to request to retain the number whilst it is still active with us. 

Just give the company you wish to join the telephone number and they shall then be able to request to port this from us, whilst active. 

Hope this helps and thank you for your custom, Smiley Happy

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos