Menu
xjacksssss
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline number legally yours?

Hi all

I was informed that after having a landline number for a certain amount of years it is legally tours and you are entitled to it. I was just questioning the validity of this statement and if true how many years is it?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline number legally yours?

Nope. The phone number belongs to the telephone company that is leasing it from OFCOM. You can transfer the number as many times as you like to other providers, but it will eventually revert back to the leaseholder.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nope. The phone number belongs to the telephone company that is leasing it from OFCOM. You can transfer the number as many times as you like to other providers, but it will eventually revert back to the leaseholder.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I think you have been misinformed.

Under most circumstances you CAN port a number when you move service provider. But you have no legal right even to that.