Menu
Sally6
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Landline cut off yesterday by virgin engr trying to resolve neighbours lack of landline. He had been off 3 months and is still not working. Thanks to the engr neither are we now. Tried online test failed at 99%. Have tried ringing customer services on a number of occasions as has my neighbour and hung on for 20 minutes and could not get through. Utterly appalled . Clearly Virgin could not care less about their customers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

Hello Sally6,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry you're without a landline at the moment.

I have tested your line and it's coming back as blocked so just before I arrange for a technician I would just like to check whether you have tested your landline to eliminate any equipment fault?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sally6
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,
Our equipment is fine. We unplugged it and rebooted the phone but still not working. It was fine until yesterday when the Virgin engr cut the cable. Our neighbour also needs help. He has had no phone for 3 months and was also cut off by another engr. They laid new cables to both properties yesterday and told us another engr would be out later to connect us. We would then need to reboot everything. We have no idea if he came or not. At least our WiFi is ok now because we lost both when the cable was cut. We are only involved because the engr was trying to fix our neighbours phone and managed to cut us off in the process. His landline still does not work and now ours does not either. Clearly something has not been done. Our neighbour is at his wits end and when he does get through to customer services he is fobbed off plus he is paying for a phone which has not worked for so long. Interestingly the hole in the pavement where they were working has not been filled in and still has a temporary cover which has been there since they cut our neighbour off 3 months ago.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know about this Sally6,

Okay I think it would be best to arrange for one of our engineers to find out why it's still not working so I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos