Menu
Hari1
Settling in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Landline not working for me plus 2 of my neighbours who are also on virgin.

Running test in Service status just gets stuck at 99% so unable to see problem. Called help line and they can't see anything either. Booked engineer for Monday but if phone not working for my neighbours surely this must mean its the same for other people in my area (PR2 postcode) and thus deserves a higher priority?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

Hi Hari1,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your landline.

I've run a diagnostic on your line and I can't see any issues with the network in your area. For the moment, the issue appears to be isolated. I'll keep an eye on it from this end and if it develops, I'll let you know.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jab92
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, landline has not been working all day, no dial tone. I have done the necessary checks, restarts, unplugging, replugging etc.
When I use my mobile to call the house phone it rings on my mobile, however the house phone does not ring. I thought to pick up the house phone as it might work. But when I picked up my mobile was still ringing the number. My home phones have signal symbols on them and none have any bars.
This has happened a few times but today has been the longest I have known it to be unusable. I still am a bit confused as to why when calling it gives the ringing tone yet the phone does not ring and has no signal. Maybe someone has the answer for this?

I have checked the status of what is happening in my area and there seems to be issues with the broadband and television but nothing about the phone. However, my broadband is fine and I am able to send and receive information.

I would like to know what could possibly be causing this, as it is clear from this forum many are having the same problem and it's not isolated. My area is Stockport SK3.

I hope my phone back to working order soon.
0 Kudos
Tuvok
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd say this - get used to your Virgin phone line going completely dead for several hours at a time every so often. I've been with Virgin for years, and it just keeps on happening. They seem unable to do anything about these problems. Mine has been dead for several hours as I write this.... and yes the online checker stops at 99% and does not complete.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jab92,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I can't seem to find your account so I just need you to send me a private message with your address/telephone number and the full name on the account so I can run a couple of checks on your line.

You'll be able to send me a private message by clicking on my name and selecting 'Send me a message' on the right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuvok
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My line is now back up, having been dead since late last evening. Usual story, no explanation why it continues to happen.

0 Kudos
Ayub63
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi , I have just joined so bear with me if I do something wrong.

Recently got a letter saying my landline will not be working between 9.00 - 4.00pm yesterday

However it is still not working - checked service status and it says NO ISSUES

What is the latest? ( I live in the E10 area)

0 Kudos
Ayub63
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please can any one provide an update!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ayub63

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and I'm not seeing any planned issues that are open at the moment, with that in mind I've run some tests on the line from our end for you. 

We're not detecting any errors with the line when testing it, do you have more than one handset plugged into the line at all Just so we can rule our the handset as a potential cause of the issue. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos