Menu
Powells
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Our landline was working fine this morning.  We had a visit from an engineer today to re-connect our broadband and tv, after a fault and now the phone is not working. When dialled you hear ringing but it does not ring in the house.  We had a separate line for the phone and tv/broadband.  We took time off of work to be home, nobody knocked our door or let us know they had attended.  I am concerned that they engineer did not know we had two lines and has connected all services to one cable.  I ran a test which shows no faults, have checked all our phone sockets and changed phones around.  The live chat facility is busy.  Can someone look at this for me please?  All I seem to be able to do myself is book an engineer visit, which will mean taking more time off of work!  Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline not working

Hello Powells,

Sorry to hear this has happened but thanks for letting us know on the community.

I have located your account and forwarded this information on to our technicians so as soon as I have a further update I will be in touch.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Powells,

Sorry to hear this has happened but thanks for letting us know on the community.

I have located your account and forwarded this information on to our technicians so as soon as I have a further update I will be in touch.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Powells
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Thank you so much for getting back to me and for passing on our information.

I look forward to hearing some more news in due course

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
eddie3009
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Our landline is not working. I cannot ring out or receive calls. There is a buzz when I try. I really need an engineer. How do I contact Virgin to let them know when I cannot phone them?

Eddie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Eddie3009

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing with your phone service recently, I've been able to locate your account to take a look and I can see that you've spoken to the team about your phone line recently and an appointment has been arranged, but for the engineer to move the socket.

We'd love to hear how it goes and if you continue to experience problems with your service after that, get in touch and we'll do what we can to help get this resolved.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
eddie3009
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's all very well but I cannot afford to wait a month fot that visit. I need the phone now.

Eddie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eddie

I've sent you a private message with information about getting this issue resolved as soon as possible, you can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Powells,

The engineers have been in contact so I'm just going to send you a private message with further information which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos