Menu
Pamela-baker1
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

My phone has not been working since Monday and I have found it very difficult to phone and report the problem.  Please look into this for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

Hello Pamela-baker1,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

When I test the line it shows in use so I just want to make sure that you have tested/replaced the handset otherwise I would like to arrange for a technician to visit your property so please let me know if this is required.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pamela-baker1
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is still not working and I only have the one phone so do not know why it is saying it is engaged.

with thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pamela-baker1

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment.

We'd really like to rule out the handset as a potential cause of the issue, you can do that by trying an alternate handset on your line or your handset on an alternate line. The reason we ask you to do this if the engineer finds that the problem is with your equipment, there could be a charge for the appointment, which is something we really want to avoid for you.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pamela-baker1
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My phone is still not working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pamela-baker1

Did you see my last message? We'd love to rule out the potential of there being an issue with your handsetMan Happy.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Pamela-baker1
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes
0 Kudos
Pamela-baker1
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

One of the main reasons for me moving from Sky toVirgin Media was the fact that any problems would be covered.  But I have now spent two days trying to sort out my phone.  I only have the one socket cannot try my phone anywhere else and I do not have another phone.  Please sort this out for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for the response Pamela-baker1

Could you confirm what you've tried with your current handset? So we know you're not going to get charged if the engineer finds an issue with it.

We can book the engineer without discussing these checks, it'll just have the risk of a charge, which is something I'd like to help you avoid.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Pamela-baker1
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We keep going over the same ground.  Please organise an engineer for me and if I am charged I will have to look at moving elsewhere.

0 Kudos