Menu
CassioP
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Last massage on phone is 20th July. No incoming calls since, no ringtone. Can't phone out. Phone less than 2years old. No issues in area 20. Know I've missed at least 2 calls as was text on mobile. Tried phoning using mobile but although there was a ringtone on mobile the landline didn't ring. Any idea what's going on please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

Hi CassioP

Thanks for getting in touch about the landline issues you are having at the moment. I am sorry to hear about this, and would love to work with you to get this resolved. I can see you're new joining us on the forums too which is fab Smiley Happy Welcome to the community!

I understand you have mentioned that your phone is under 2 years old. I appreciate that's not very old as far as equipment is concerned, but we would still need you to check that the phone is not the cause of the landline fault as in many cases it's due to an equipment related fault.

I remember purchasing a brand new set of wireless phones a couple of years ago that had only just come out of the box but they were faulty, so I do appreciate that even brand new equipment or nearly new equipment can still sometimes be the reason that there is a problem on the line.

If you could test this for us by either trying another phone in the master socket with all other extensions unplugged, or by testing your phone handset in another known working line (eg friends or neighbours phone socket) then that would be great Smiley Happy

Once you have eliminated the equipment as being a possible cause of the problem, we can then look into this further with you.

If you have already checked this with us, if you could please get back in to me on the pm I’m sending to you, where we can look at booking an engineer visit on your behalf.

You can find this in the   next to your forum name Smiley Happy

Take care and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos