Menu
ivegamateos
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

I have just come back from vacation and the landline is not working again.This is getting very frustrating as every week the line goes dead and comes back the next day. There is no dial tone on the landline and when I call the landline from my mobile it doesn't even ring and gets cut off. 

I don't believe it is my phone equipment as I bought a brand new one a month ago when the landline was actually installed.

Is anyone experiencing  similar issues with their landline and on a regular basis? 

0 Kudos
dkdkdu02
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

Hi, Yes I my landline isn't working.  Package was only installed yesterday.  No connection until this morning. Tried phone this morning, no dialing tone. Engineer just showed me the booklet.  Didn't explain what other virgin phone box was for that he put behind the TV.  Lead isn't attached to anything.  My BT phone connector box is on the other side of the room.  Phoned for help on mobile was advised of at least ten minute wait which would have cost a fortune on my phone.  Tried to book engineer, earliest date is Thursday.  Not a very good start.  In all the years with Sky never had one problem, only moved because of price.  Perhaps you only get what you pay for(?)  Not impressed.

ivegamateos wrote:

I have just come back from vacation and the landline is not working again.This is getting very frustrating as every week the line goes dead and comes back the next day. There is no dial tone on the landline and when I call the landline from my mobile it doesn't even ring and gets cut off. 

I don't believe it is my phone equipment as I bought a brand new one a month ago when the landline was actually installed.

Is anyone experiencing  similar issues with their landline and on a regular basis? 

0 Kudos
GTate
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phone line is not working as of yesterday, Saturday. No ring tone on any of the three phones in the house. If I phone from a mobile - it gives an engaged tone. Is there a problem locally? I have checked all of the connections and they are sound inside the house.  

Help from Virgim Media would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ivegamateos,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working after returning from your holiday and that this has been an intermittent and ongoing issue. 

I've checking your line and can see that you have already arranged an engineer appointment with us. 

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dkdkdu02,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum-welcome. I'm sorry to hear that your first experience with Virgin Media has been so disappointing. 

I can look into this for you, but I'll need to take more information from you. Because the details I need to take cannot be posted on the public thread, I'll send you a private message. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi GTate,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem with your landline. 

I have checked your line and tests show that I will need to arrange an engineer to call out and fix this for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dkdkdu02,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and would like for me to arrange an engineer appointment, please let me know.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi GTate,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your phone line, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and would like for me to arrange an engineer appointment, please let me know.

Many thanks,

ivegamateos
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri 

The phoneline is still dead. I have already arranged for one to come. 

Thanks

Nicolette

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicolette,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that you have already arranged an appointment to get the problem with your landline fixed.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

All the best,

0 Kudos