Menu
kellygig
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

Hello I am having an issue with my house phone , there is no dial tone , when I have called it from my mobile it rings but not on my house phone so I have purchased a cheap handset and tested that and the same thing ...nothing . My other virgin services are all fine and it shows there is no known faults in my area when I looked online and when I ran the  test my phone service it showed that it was all ok . Any advice before I get an engineer .

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline not working

Hi kellygig

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you've tested the handset, it really helps us speed this process upMan Happy.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line and although we're not detecting any major issues, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
phildaw
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

had same in the CF24 area for the past 10 days. book an engineer and before the engineer arrive the line started working, cancelled the engineer and within a day the same fault returned.

0 Kudos
Off_switch
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I assume you plugged in the old analogue fone to make sure itsnot the dig fone, if so Call t'engineer. Crackles etc are the same. Switch off evrything and reboot. I have had all the above and the eng have usually been helpful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi kellygig

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you've tested the handset, it really helps us speed this process upMan Happy.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line and although we're not detecting any major issues, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

mjr68
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tuesday 16th Feb.

Having the same problem today. Phone working fine yesterday.

Have you resolved problem?

0 Kudos
kellygig
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No still not working have booked an engineer visit for Thursday through my virgin media account . Will keep you updated

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mjr68, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are also having some issues with your phone line. 

I've run some testing on the line, and can see no reason for your fault, there are no local issues, and the line is not reporting any abnormalities. 

I'd now have to ask if you've been able eliminate the phone from being at fault, either by trying another phone on the line, or by trying your phone in a known working line.

If you are able to confirm that the phone has been eliminated then the next step would be to arrange for someone to call out and investigate further. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get things arranged, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kellygig
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quick update had a very nice virgin media engineer out this morning to check the problem with my land line and I am please to say he fixed it , the problem was a broken cable outside , after checking my phone and dial tone he was done ... all working fine . Thank you to everyone who offered help and advise. This is a great friendly forum and sometimes it helps to just know that it wasnt just me having problems .... with my land line lol

0 Kudos
mjr68
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad to know you are all up and running again Kellygig. I have got to wait until next Thursday before an engineer can come out!

However there is one consolation - no crank phone calls.!!!!!

0 Kudos