Menu
Uther
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working- request for assistance from forum team

Hello, I currently have no landline service at all- there is no dial tone and the line is crackling, regardless of  the phone used.

I have tested the main socket and the extension with the same result. Running the test on the VM Service Status page does not help as it hangs at 99%.  

Ringing my landline with my mobile gets the message that the person you are ringing is unavailable. Can someone from Virgin Media please test the line and email me regarding an appointment to fix the fault if necessary? Thanks.

Helpful Answers
sarahg83
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline not working- request for assistance from forum team

I'm having the exact same issue (was definitely happening on Friday, not sure when it started) and when I try the online test, it gets to 99% and then stops.
0 Kudos

All Replies
sarahg83
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm having the exact same issue (was definitely happening on Friday, not sure when it started) and when I try the online test, it gets to 99% and then stops.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Uther

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end and run some tests on the line, we're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look at this, if you're available.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

dallydog
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi we too are having the exact same problem. We have no dial tone and a bit of crackling on the line. The test either hangs at 99% or runs with no fault shown. Have tried unplugging and replugging etc to no effect. You can dial in to our number and get the ringing tone and our answerphone message, but we are blissfully unaware of any incoming calls and can't dial out.

Can any VM operatives help please?

0 Kudos
rubixqubix
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Been having the same issue since Friday. From other threads on the board this looks to have occurred to a number of people however virgin appear to be looking at each issue individually!

Surely it's the same issue for everyone.

Anyway i've been told an engineer will visit next Tuesday when I reported this on Sunday.....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello dallydog,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I have located your account and I'm unable to find any fault in the area which could be causing this so I would like to send one of our engineers out to investigate this further.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello rubixqubix,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Unless every customer that reported this fault is in the same location or connected to the same cabinet then it could be down to a fault in the area, otherwise we would need to treat each fault individually.

I would love to hear how your appointment goes and if you have any further issues just let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
meggawitch
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My landline has not been working since Tues.Strange how I phoned VM about my bills being high. Was told my contract was up on 4th and that I should read my mails as I would have gotten an email telling me of changes.

Have gone through my mail and I only got one to say my Virgin Media bill was ready and to phone back next day to speak to someone about getting my bill cheaper as they could only reduce my bill to £47. What a load of crap.

I then filled in a survey to say no way would I recommend VM to anyone.Gave a very bad review.

Cancelling my direct debit going to make a payment to cover rental and then going over to another provider.

0 Kudos
hannelli
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I live at 6 guinness crt crawley west sussex rh119nl  my tel number is 01293 973523      I HAVE NO DIAL TONE    I have checked everything I can but nothing helps

I am disabled and have heart problems so my phone is my life line if anything goes wrong, please get this sorted out for me I can not express to you how important this is

Thank you

Steve Mutcham

0 Kudos
Mickyba
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same fault. Can not get to the page to book an engineer because the test keeps stopping at 99% Had an engineer out over a month ago and he used spare cores in the cable under the road, saying the cable was damaged or waterlogged. Now got the same problem after bad weather.
0 Kudos