Menu
worthinghatter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working for incoming and outgoing calls

I've been with Virgin and it's predecessors for some 20 years and this is the 1st time our phone has gone wrong. I contacted the help team last Wednesday [18th] - the call, naturally using my mobile, cost me £4:80 - I was finally told that someone would be checking it out. They were and we got our phone line back. However the connection went again the following day and again on Friday and Saturday - it was recovered on each occasion but to make the help calls has now cost me over £10 in total.

Last night I called help again but after the usual time spent pressinf various keys I was told there was no-one able to talk with me and that I should call back in 10 or so minutes time! THat wasted call cost me £2:10! [ I couldn't because I was reporting a landline fault

Other aspects of the 'help' given was the insistence that I call the 150 number which was not possible because I was reporting a landline fault!; I was told on different help calls that a) the fault was both  here at home or b) at the Virgin end; why should phone users be liable to pay [heavily] to note faults when TV and BB faults are free? 

So, after 5 days, it's now Sunday afternoon and we still have no landline. 

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline not working for incoming and outgoing calls

Hello worthinghatter,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you were without a landline.

I have run a test on the line and I can see there was a fault in the area which should of cleared now so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for letting me know it's working for you now. To raise a formal complaint please see our Contact Us page (found at the very bottom of this page) or here: Contact Us >Something else > Making a complaint - broadband, TV and home phone service and you'll see the three options available: Chat online,  Call us, or Write to us. Each option will give you more information when you click on them.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
worthinghatter
Tuning in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It's Monday and I have to report that sometime yesterday evening the phone line came alive again. No notification was given - we found out by chance. It is still working at the moment and we hope it carries on like this.

0 Kudos
worthinghatter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thought it might be too good to last - It's gone down again! I really did not expect a mickey mouse [and expensive] service when a phone breakdown occurs - totally different from that offered and done with TV and BB.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello worthinghatter,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you were without a landline.

I have run a test on the line and I can see there was a fault in the area which should of cleared now so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
worthinghatter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

It's on now after this morning's shutdown. This tallies with the Service Status report for the area - if the problem there referred to mine. However, and bearing in mind the continued problems over the last 6 days, I am not confident that the problem will not re-occur, 

Would there be any chance of me recovering mobile costs or any compensation?

Regards, Worthinghatter

0 Kudos
qvcaddict
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

best to tweet them on twitter i do when things like this happen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi worthinghatter,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear that your landline fault has been cleared and your phone service is working now.

Get in touch with Customer Services to enquire about a loss of service credit due to the fault with your service.

Please give us a call on 150 (Free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
worthinghatter
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Terri P,

Sad to say but the line has gone down again! When will it get permanently repaired or do I have to go to another landline supplier? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi worthinghatter,

I'm very sorry to hear that your line has gone down again! I can see that an area outage caused the phone service to go down:

Reference: F005023348

Description: Virgin Phone Service may be unavailable right now.

Status: This problem should now be fixed. We're carrying out some final checks to confirm this.

Has this been restored now?

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
worthinghatter
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's now back on. How do I make a formal complaint about this series of faults?

0 Kudos