Menu
SSpenceley
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working again!

In the middle of January my landline stopped working and I suspected it was because an engineer had dislodged a wire in one of the wire boxes outside.  I reported the fault and it was nearly two weeks before the phone was fixed.  My assumption was correct and the wire was reconnected in the box.  The reason I made this assumption was that it was not the first time this has happened.  I have now come to use my phone and it is not working again.  I'm wondering if a wire has become dislodged again.  This seems to be the only problem I ever have with my phone.  Please can you send an engineer to check the wires and reconnect ASAP. 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working again!

You would be better and get a quicker resolution if you report this via the phone.

Although Virgin Media staff do respond to messages on the public forum due to the amount of posts it can sometimes take them a week or more to reply.

You might want to also report it as a complaint as this shouldn't keep happening.  If there is a reason why your cable becomes dislodged then maybe they need to replace that particular cable or the connection it plugs into.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
mbrown1
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You have my sympathy - the same issue happens to me all too frequently and you have to wait several days for an engineer to turn up and to plug in the dislodged cable/wire.  Anyone else having these issues??  Why do engineers keep unplugging others cables?? 

Am getting incredibly frustrated with this dreadful service and each time I call Virgin (from my mobile at cost as the landline isn't working!), I have someone based in India reading to be off a script and unable/unwilling to get an engineers around sooner - only slots available are those o its website.  Does anyone have contact details for UK based staff??  

0 Kudos
SSpenceley
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for comments. Have now reported it and engineer coming in a couple of days. Sooner than last time!
0 Kudos
teachingtoolong
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How luck you are. I also rang today regarding a similar issue and have to wait 10 days. I saw the engineers today working on the box down the end of the road but although I now have tv and internet I have no incoming calls.

0 Kudos