Menu
Martin332
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working ! Is there a 'Loyalty Dept'

Hello all,

I have been having some huge problems with Virgin Media. No landline for 2 weeks now, 2 engineer visits and now I have been told a new cable needs to be run from the 'box' to my house which may require roads being dug up and this won't be done until 2nd March ??!!!

After the first engineer visit I looked into my bills and what I was paying and what other providers were offering, I found a good deal with another provider and called VM to cancel my subscription with them due to rising cost and not getting a good enough service regards to fixing the landline etc. I was told straight away that's fine and the date for cut off would be 24th February, no mention was made to try and give me a better deal. I was told that I would need to return the router/modem ( whatever it's called).

Then a couple of days later I received a call from someone who said they were from the 'Loyalty Dept'. He offered me a great deal that was £13 per month less than I am currently paying. I advised him that one of his engineers would be visiting me shortly and I would chat with the other half and let him know ( he said he would call me back on a specific day at a specific time. Low and behold he did call me back at arranged time but because we had just had another engineer round who again said he could not fix the problem with our landline I was not best happy and when he told me that the job was booked to be done on 2nd March I was incredulous. I made a fuss ( I didn't shout, I remained calm) I said it's really not good enough etc etc. Then to my absolute shock and amazement he suggested that I find another provider who may be able to fix the landline sooner than they could !!!!! No longer was he interested in my loyalty and he made no reference to his offer from just 3 days before.

I called VM today, went through to cancellations/retentions and asked for Zach ( the employees name) who is in their 'Loyalty Dept' and was told that they are a separate office and he would have to email them in order for them to call me back !! I requested their phone number, he could not/did not give it to me but said he would email them asking Zach to ring me and I should hear back from someone within 72 hours. He asked me if I had been offered a ''deal'' I said yes but strangely he could not find any mention of this on my account notes. He also told me that there were no notes on my account from Zach from the previous day, which is also strange as we spoke at length !!

I would like to know if anyone else has been treated this shoddily, actually being advised that it might be better to look for another provider, I am truly disgusted and I will be writing a letter of complaint in due course.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working ! Is there a 'Loyalty Dept'

HI Martin332

I'm very sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your service, some of our teams are outbound teams only so getting in touch with them isn't always possible.

The best place to call to discuss the offers avaiable to you would be our sales team, which you can reach by dialling 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other. If the deal you've been offered is available then one of the team will have it there, if it's not available any more than they'll let you know too.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Martin332
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working ! Is there a 'Loyalty Dept'

Who do I call to find out why my landline has been booked in to be fixed only on 2nd March after 2 engineers have already been to my house and could not fix it ?! What is the big problem here ??

0 Kudos