Menu
markandcathhall
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Landline not disconnecting after receiving a call

Hi,

I'm at work but my wife has just phoned and said our landline won't disconnect after receiving a call to let us know the delivery company had tried to deliver my new trainers.

I've tried calling the landline from work and it is still engaged now, my wife called me on her mobile at 11.20, so it's been nearly an hour, the self test gets stuck at 99% and i would have thought that would need to clear the line before testing.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not disconnecting after receiving a call

Maybe try unplugging the phone from the wall socket and switching off the power to it assuming it is a mains powered phone.  Leave it a few minutes and plug back in and switch on again.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
markandcathhall
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, we've tried that, no joy, she is contacting the delivery company to see if their driver has left his phone connected.

I would have thought this would have disconnected automatically by now.
0 Kudos
markandcathhall
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So, it is now 3pm and the line doesn't appear to have disconnected, i'd have thought it would by now so there must be an issue somewhere as all i am getting is an engaged tone when i try ringing the landline from my mobile.

Is there an issue on the system somewhere as it seems a few people are now posting similar and have been for a while.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Use the Check Service Status (top right of this page) to see whether there is a known issue affecting your postcode area.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markandcathhall

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your home phone at the moment.

I've located your account to take a look at your line form our end and we're detecting an issue, so I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come adn take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
markandcathhall
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So, an update, no change so far but my missus now tells me it was an SMS that was last sent to our landline, seems the delivery company use sms instead of calls.  Could this be the issue, i have heard of these causing issues.

Service status says there is no fault and has reported that all day long, i still can't call, and will be carrying out some testing of my own when i get home ( check of the test socket and a wired phone)  i'll post my results later.

0 Kudos
markandcathhall
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back, i have seen the e-mail but i'll do the test socket test at home before i respond, just to make sure, as the missus has the kids to look after and she could probably do without the hassle of testing the phone aswell as those two running around the house chasing the dog.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to let me know markandcathhall

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting this resolved.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
markandcathhall
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Tested the phone using my spare wired phone on test socket. No tone at all.
0 Kudos