Menu
Dez2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Landline hacked?

At first we had crackling on phone line and then we got phone calls with nobody on the line so I unplugged from the socket. ...and then today after arriving home there was the Police at our house acing they received a 999 call from this address.

How is this possible???   Virgin have booked an engineer in 5 days time but it happened again at 21.30 ..... don't know what to do

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landline hacked?

Hello Dez2,

Thanks for contacting us to let us know.

In this case I would need to disconnect your line until you are visited by a technician otherwise the line could keep calling 999, this means you will have no dial tone until your appointment but it's the only way to prevent this from happening. 

In order for me to do this I would need to confirm a couple of details with you so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Alternatively you can call us on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and one of the faults team will be able to get this arranged for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dez2

Thanks for getting back to us.

Rose did send a pm to you yesterday and I don't know why you cannot see this unless in your Profile settings you have not enabled private messages to be received?

To enable this please go to:

Profile >Preferences > Private Messages > Turn on private messages

Please switch this to a tick.

As an update to this I have just checked in with our FMS back office team who would normally apply the block to the line for you and due to us updating our DPA guidelines this can be done now ONLY if the named account holder calls us to arrange this.

The broadband would not be affected by this taking place.

If this needs to be done, and I think it does if the line is dialling 999, then please can you get in touch with us and speak to the FMS teams. You would  access them by calling us on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and speaking to Faults first and they will transfer you through.

There are notes on the account supporting you with this so when you call in you will be able to get through to the right teams straight away to comply with this with us.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Dez2,

Thanks for contacting us to let us know.

In this case I would need to disconnect your line until you are visited by a technician otherwise the line could keep calling 999, this means you will have no dial tone until your appointment but it's the only way to prevent this from happening. 

In order for me to do this I would need to confirm a couple of details with you so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Alternatively you can call us on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and one of the faults team will be able to get this arranged for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dez2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

thanks for your reply..... that would be fine to disconnect the phone line.

I haven't received a private message yet though. 

Will my broardband still work though?

regards

Dez2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dez2

Thanks for getting back to us.

Rose did send a pm to you yesterday and I don't know why you cannot see this unless in your Profile settings you have not enabled private messages to be received?

To enable this please go to:

Profile >Preferences > Private Messages > Turn on private messages

Please switch this to a tick.

As an update to this I have just checked in with our FMS back office team who would normally apply the block to the line for you and due to us updating our DPA guidelines this can be done now ONLY if the named account holder calls us to arrange this.

The broadband would not be affected by this taking place.

If this needs to be done, and I think it does if the line is dialling 999, then please can you get in touch with us and speak to the FMS teams. You would  access them by calling us on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and speaking to Faults first and they will transfer you through.

There are notes on the account supporting you with this so when you call in you will be able to get through to the right teams straight away to comply with this with us.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Dez2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen_A

Thanks for your message...I have rang and spoke to the fms team and the landline is now blocked.

Broardband still goodSmiley Happy and thanks again for your help

regards Dez2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Dez2,

I'm glad you have spoken to our 2nd line team, you shouldn't have any more problems now until the technician visits you so please let us know how you get on or if you require any further help.

All the best Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos