Menu
pipsar6
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Landline fault

Every 1-2 years the landline dies: connections all checked, different handsets tried etc.  we run the online test and get told it's fine, then the service status also says it's fine (although today apparently we won't be able to phone Canada-well I can't even phone next door)

No point asking for an engineer cos it would entail taking time off work and then they never come cos after a few days it magically rights itself. Please fix as it's usually the green box at the end of the street,

The very 1st time it happened several years ago it was right after an engineer has been  in the box, we were promised an engineer to the house only for them to fix the issue externally. 

BT is tempting ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline fault

Hi there pipsar6, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you back to the forums, and I'm really sorry to hear that the reason for your return is because your phone line is not working for you. 

I've tried to run some testing on the line, but have been unable to locate your account using your forum credentials, so I've sent you a private message in order to ask a few questions which will enable me to access the correct details. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
pipsar6
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline fault

Hi Huw

I have replied to your PM (Virgin have the fixed remote fault somewhere)

The reason you can't find my details  is because the Virgin acct is in my partners name. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos