Menu
monkeynuts1469
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landline down for over 24 hours

No dial tone , landline out for over 1 day.

I have a mobility alarm that is down and I am frightened that if I fall ,when I press my alarm button it won't work because it uses the landline to call.

what sort of phone service is this ?

i was for many years with sky and never had a service outage for over 24 hours. This is a joke isn't it . No information from Virgin media 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down for over 24 hours

Is it an area fault, or is it just your line?

Faults on individual lines usually have to be reported, as VM will have no idea you have an issue unless you contact them.

The Forum Team here can book engineer visits, but can take several days to answer threads here.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
tb_1955_1212
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We have the same problem since yesterday and it's an area fault but all virgin can say is estimated fix which is getting longer every time I check it. Smiley Indifferent  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi moneynuts1469

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment, it's certainly not something we want for you.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not seeing any issues with your line from our end at the moment and there are no open outages in your local area. If you're still experiencing the issue, let me know and I'll arrange for this to be escalated right away.

Hi @tb_1955_1212

Apologies for the issues you're experiencing too, I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this, if you're able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information I'll take a look at this right away.

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. Also, if you'd like us to take a look at your service in the future, we always recommend to create your own threadMan Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos