Menu
Chelseagirlsue
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline down again

Hello

Yesterday we discovered we had no working landline.  Only found out through someone trying to call us.  It was back to normal around 6 o'clock last night.   Today the same problem has occurred.  I have used the diagnostics tool and it says there is not a problem with our phone service.    Clearly that is wrong.   WN7 area.  Any one else got the same trouble please 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down again

Hi Chelseagirlsue,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have tested your line from here and I'm unable to find any issues in your area at the moment.

I'd like to arrange for a technician but I'll just need to confirm whether you've tried another handset?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chelseagirlsue
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose thank you for your reply.   We have two handsets here and neither of them were working earlier or indeed yesterday, just the constant noise down the line like crackling.  This has happened 2 days running, I will check the line tomorrow morning and at intervals during the day to see if there is a pattern.  I have spoken to someone on the phone at Virgin who said there were no problems in the area.  At the moment the phone line is working fine again.  If the problems happens again I will send a further message or call to ask for help.    Many thanks for your prompt response 

0 Kudos
Chelseagirlsue
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Rose 

I checked our landline again this morning at 9am and the dialling tone was fine.  I didn't make any calls at that time.  Checked again at 11am and again we have crackling down the line.  We have checked all cables and connections to both handsets and they are all fine, no damage to any of them.  Please can you get in touch so we can book an engineer to come out.  Thank you so much  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chelseagirlsue,

I can see you have been in touch since you last posted so I hope all is working ok now for you.  If you do have any further queries please don't hesitate to give us a shout here.

All the best.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos