Menu
LW21
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Landline down again

I can't understand why I have to pay for a phone line when it does not work since I have had virgin media, I have had constant problems with the Landline.  It now hasn't worked since the beginning of January 2017.  unfortunately I have been away for business a bit in January/Feb and have not had the time to inform Virgin.

Is it possible to have virgin fiber optic without the phone line.  as I feel that I have been wasting my money all these years for a service I am not getting.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down again

Yes, but it usually costs more than not having a phoneline. Many people get the phone line installed but never connect a phone to it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear about this LW21,

I've checked the line state and this is showing as active at the moment.

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the handset from the socket or tried different equipment?

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

LW21
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all the thing you get told to do every single time the line does not work yes there is no service problem which means that the wiring into the main socket is faulty again problably the 6th time since I am on virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that this keeps happening LW21,

I think we should get a principle engineer out to you as there is clearly an underlying issue here as this keeps re-occurring.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

LW21
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down again 23/04/2017

Hi my Land Line is down again.  this is getting quite tiresome. It works for a bit then just stops.  The last time the engineer was her he just fiddled with the box outside and then it worked.  

This has been going on since I changed over to Virgin, a few years ago. again I am paying for a service but don't have phone line.  Please can the engineer re-install this line to ensure this does not happen again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LW21

I'm so sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your telephone service, I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

We're not detecting any obvious errors at the moment but as this is a repeat issues I'd like to arrange for a senior member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your service, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

LW21
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.  You are not going to believe this.  the line is working again I just don't understand this it doesn't work for days weeks and sometimes months and as soon as I complain about it it works again.

I just don't understand this,  I am starting to think that even though I do all the checks required as soon as a Virgin operator fiddles with the line/number its starts working again.

I think even though its working again, we need to look at it more closer, to see why this keeps on happening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LW21

Thanks for letting me know about this, I'm glad to hear it's working as it should at the momentMan Happy

Keep an eye on it and if anything changes, get in touch and I'll look to escalate this from our end for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

LW21
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline down again 25/05/2017

Landline is down again - just stopped working.  this is becoming a monthly habit!  It will probably start working after I complain.

could somebody tell me why this keeps on happening.  

0 Kudos