Menu
tonybiker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline does not work - can't use chat

Hi

Virgin chat doesn't work. When I finally get to chat I don't get an text box to allow me to type or a send button.

This means virgin can't chat.

I can't ring, as I'm trying to say my land line doesn't work. My mobile has not enough credit to contact them.

There is no email to contact them on.

So well done virgin, you've successfully cut off all avenues of chat, an therefore can wash all responsibility.

This being a forum is my only channel left.

Looks like I'll need a better provider soon.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin chat doesn't work

I've moved this post to the right part of the Forum and I've asked the Mods to change the title to reflect your actual issue - "landline not working".

VM web chat does work but it works best from a desktop not a mobile . If using it from a mobile always select "ask for desktop version" in your browser. The service is very busy and you often have to keep refreshing the page until you get through.

The Forum Team will pick this up and deal with the fact your landline is dead. Have you tested with another phone? Just to eliminate one cause of the issue.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin chat doesn't work

Thanks for posting tonybiker, 

Sorry to hear that your landline isn't working.

I've passed the information surrounding our Web Chat service not working for you. Great advice from HowardML regarding this though. 

I've located your account and checked the telephone line state and this is currently showing as active at the moment. 

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the handset from the Virgin socket or tested different equipment at all?

Speak to you soon, 

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Phoebe11
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My TV and Landline don't work

Hi

We have just joined Virgin Media on 17th and my landline and TV aren't working now and I can't get any help via virgin chat. As I'm trying to let them know my landline and TV don't work and I don't really want to spend money on my mobile phone to ring them as my phone is pay as you go. There is no email to contact them too.  Can anyone please help?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TV and Landline don't work

HI Phoebe11

I just wanted to let you know that I've responded to the thread you've created [here]

We like to keep everything in one place to help us keep track of the conversation so respond there and we'll do what we can to helpMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos