Menu
WilliamGilberd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Landline dead

Browsing the online community, this seems to be a common problem: our landline is dead with no ring tone. I have checked cables and plugged in a different phone without success.

The pressing issue is that we have just received the new Hub 3.0, instructions for which say "You'll need to call our automated line in the next 7 days to get your services online".  Is it possible to set up the new hub without a working landline?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline dead

Hi,

With regards to your new Hub 3.0, this can be activated via any telephone - eg, mobile phone, and isn't dependent on your phone line working.

Have you checked your online Virgin Media account under 'Service Status' to see if there are any known issues in your area that would be affecting this part of your service ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
WilliamGilberd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, backtothefuture. That's helpful to know. It's doesn't explain this in the set up notes.

Service Status just says that there are no issues with our Broadband.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No issues with the broadband, but how about the phone as that is what you are experiencing the issues with !?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
WilliamGilberd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't say anything about the phone line, only broadband...

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What happens if you click on 'Run Test' next to the Phone option - Does it come back with anything useful ?

You are more than likely going to have to report this as a fault with Virgin Media when they re-open tomorrow.

-

0 Kudos
WilliamGilberd
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No Phone option appears, just Broadband. Maybe it's an account/ billing issue?

Re: Hub activation via the automated phone line...  I tried going through the options on my business landline (also VM) but because it's not expecting a new hub activation the relevant option doesn't come up.  Will have to allow more time and try to speak to someone...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the fault experienced WilliamGilberd,

I've located your account and the line state displays as active. Is this connected via a Virgin Media socket?

In regards to broadband, I've sent over a signal to see if this pushes the activation through for you.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

WilliamGilberd
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I guessed what may have happened when all internet connections were lost this evening, so forged ahead and followed the new hub set up instructions. All went very smoothly, and quickly, and we are now all up and running with the new connection. Even my old PC with its ethernet cable. Thanks.

As for the telephone, we have the old BT socket with a similar VM socket above it. Neither work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello WilliamGilberd,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I'm glad your broadband is working again but I'll need to send one of our engineers out to take a look at your landline.

I'm just going to send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos